Monthly Archives: January 2007

Quickbooks Solution to Internet Explorer 7

On November 19, 2006, I let you know about a problem with 2005 editions of Quickbooks after having installed Internet Explorer 7.

Quickbooks has come up with a patch to allow the 2005 edition to work.

QuickBooks Alert!

There is now an update from QuickBooks that will make QuickBooks 2005 compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7. There is also an update for QuickBooks 2004 that will remove the Internet Explorer 7 warning message if your machine must run Internet Explorer 7

Please go to for the solution.

If you have a question regarding QuickBooks and would like to see it answered in this newsletter, please email us your inquiry at

If you need help in getting QuickBooks to work more effectively for you in YOUR business , email us your inquiry at or checkout the website at

Tax Credit for Federal Excise Tax

You’ve Just Hit the Jackpot!!!

A credit for overcharged federal telephone excise tax is available. The credit is for the federal excise tax on long distance charges during the period March 2003 through July 2006. You can either take the standard amounts set $30 single, $40 married and $10 extra for each of the first 2 children.

If you have all your invoices you can claim your actual telephone excise taxes paid. It requires the information be filed on form 8913. The form requires the amounts paid by quarter.

The credit is available for both businesses and individuals. The credit is refundable, you will receive the refund even if you have no federal income tax.

For more info check out the IRS website Telephone excise credit

Tax Season

Tax Season – where the rubber meets the road. During the next 3 1/2 months, that we call tax season, the work we perform whether it is preparing individual and /or business tax returns and/or financial statements, the earlier you get your paperwork to your accountant the sooner you will get your results.

Additionally, those of you who are filling out Financial Aid Forms for children going to college, you must have either a completed tax return or a fairly close estimate much earlier than the tax returns are due, usually February 1 vs. April 16 .

If you have a refund coming to you, the earlier you file the sooner you get the refund (e-filing gets the refunds back sooner).

If you will be owing taxes and or retirement contributions, the earlier you know the amounts that will be necessary, the easier it is to plan and set aside the funds, save from current income or make arrangement for loans to cover the funds necessary to make the payments timely.

If you do not have the funds to pay youre taxes, file the returns on time. By filing the returns on time, you will only be subject to a late payment penalty 1/2 % per month plus interest versus a late filing penalty of 5% per month plus interest.